BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving

Here we are again. This year went by so fast. They say the older you get, the faster time goes by. It's starting to move by pretty quick for me these days.

This is the time of year we are supposed to stand back and kind of take stock. To look back and think of things for which we are thankful.

Here are a few of mine:

Wise and loving Father, Great and Mighty King, thank you:

for my salvation. I am secure in You forever.

for my wife. She has taught me how to trust again.

for my friends. It is good to be surrounded by people who make you feel loved.

for the children I have been privileged to watch grow into adults. We don't have children, so it is nice to have friends and family who do. We can worry about them, cheer for them, feel disappointed for them, pray for them and be very proud of them, as if they were our own.

for my dogs. It's good to feel like a rock star when I get home. :)

for the trials. I have learned from them, and have come to a deeper understanding of You through them.

for a job that I enjoy.

for the times that I can look back on and understand that it could ONLY have been Your hand moving. I am overwhelmed with emotion and a sense of awe when I look back.

for the sun sets and sun rises. So much beauty, such a work of art that You have created for us to enjoy, and cause us to burst into praises of You.

Thank you is not enough. But words are so clumsy. Thank you for the forms of art you have created within us that we might give it back to You with a thankful heart.

1 Chronicles 16:8, 16:34
Psalm 9:1, 28:7
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

0 comments: