BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 6, 2009

Standing Firm

I was hit with a thought today while I was discussing some of the news of the day with some co-workers over lunch.

We were talking about the current political climate. I don't mind saying that I am very much a conservative where politics are concerned. But I am a Christian first and foremost.

I began thinking that the United States may soon become a country where Christianity is not welcome. Christian views and literature are already banned from most public schools and government facilities. Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all surprised by this. Jesus said that the world would hate those of us who follow Him, because they hate Him. (John 15:18-21)

I have always told my wife that if the United States ever turned against Israel, we were going to move to Israel. The thought I was hit with today at lunch was that if our government in the United States does turn against Israel, we have an obligation to stay here. A duty to set aside our pride and political views for the sake of the Kingdom of Heaven. After all, that is where our true citizenship is.

We should stay and endure whatever we must endure for the sake of Christ Jesus, for the furthering of His Kingdom. Because of what the bible teaches about shining our light so that the ones who are groping in the darkness can see the hope that Jesus holds out. Because of what suffering accomplishes in us. (Romans 5:3-5)

There is a selfish reason that I had as well. When everything is said and done, and we are in Heaven, standing in abject awe of our King, we will hear the words from His mouth. "Well done" Wow!

There are some promises that He made as well. There will be an award ceremony.
Revelation 2:7, 2:11, 2:17,2:26, 3:5, 3:12, 3:21, and best of all 21:7. Take a few minutes and check those out. Very exciting!

God is AWESOME!

0 comments: