BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Beautiful Person

Just a quick note about the person I married.

I don't know if she would want this story told or not, but I'm gonna.

My wife Cheryl came home and told me this story:

In the lady's room where she works, there is a spider web in one corner of the room. Every day, when she went in there, she would notice this spider tending to it's egg sack. She noticed this every day for several days.
One day, she walked in and saw the empty web and untended eggs. She looked down and saw the spider on the floor, dead.
She said that she felt so sad about that. She worried about the baby spiders. She said that she just wanted to weep for the poor spider that had worked so hard to protect the babies she would never see.

Her story moved me. I know it may sound silly to some. But it only reminded me of why I love her so much. My wife is a beautiful person inside and outside. She has such a loving and caring heart. She has a unique gift to feel pain for others. She genuinely mourns the loss with others, and has real compassion.....even for a dead spider.

I have been blessed to actually marry my soul mate.

I love you, Cheryl.

1 comments:

Jena said...

Beautiful description of my beautiful friend. "He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord." Prov. 18:22 :)