BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

With A Thankful Heart

I've been pondering thankfulness for a while now. I would like to live my life with a thankful heart.

I heard something a few weeks ago that helped put some things into perspective for me, and helped me understand a little better what a life lived in gratitude is.

A brother in Christ in my Sunday School class said something that has stuck with me. I've been turning it over in my mind and really thinking about what he said.
It had an impact on me. It was a little thing, and I almost missed the depth and significance of it.

"Most of the world is a miserable place to live."

That's what he said. The more I think about it, the more thankful I am to God. There are countries where most of the population is starving to death, or live in perpetual violence. There are places where the government keeps people oppressed and living in constant fear for their lives. Places where being a Christian carries a death sentence.

Most of the world, indeed, is a miserable place to live. (John 15:18-22)

Here in The United States, we have freedom (for how long remains to be seen). We are free to worship our God without fear of the government. We have abundance here. The poorest among us, for the most part, are wealthy in comparison to those living in most of the world. I pray I never take this for granted and allow my heart to grow hard toward those who are in such need.

Father, thank You for giving me what I'll never fully understand. Please help me to always live with a thankful heart.

0 comments: