BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Soul Scream

I saw one of those reality shows on TV. There was a part at the scene of an accident. Someone died.

I wasn't really paying that much attention, just kind of channel surfing....then I heard the screaming.

Someone who loved the person who died arrived. She must have loved him very much. She screamed. It startled me. I've heard screams before, but there was something about this one. It came from somewhere deep down inside...from the soul.

It was heart breaking. Then it struck me. Was that what the angels heard that day in the Garden?

Was it the same mournful screaming of the soul that was heard when Jesus knew His Father turned His back?

We all know pain and sadness. Those who have lost loved ones know it intimately. They have heard their own soul's screaming into the dark.

Another thought struck me. We cannot imagine the overwhelming joy of the great reunion. The day every tear will be wiped away.

The day we will see our loved ones again. The day we get to see with our own eyes....The King.

On that day,the air will be filled with laughter and songs of great joy! And the echoes of that horrible scream will cease.

0 comments: