BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Heroes

I love super heroes. I'm a Superman fan. Ask anyone who knows me.
Sometimes I even day dream about what it would be like to be able to do all the things that Superman can do. What it would be like to go soaring over the clouds, or travel faster than a fighter jet, or have that kind of strength.
I think about what I would do with that kind of power, how many people I could help. Wow.
I know a few people who wouldn't mind knowing Superman right now.

But that isn't reality. I understand that. (dang it)

It's fun to think about sometimes. But my focus should be on the real Superman. My Savior. King Jesus.

A lot of people are suffering. Going through unimaginable abuses. Children and women kidnapped and forced into a life of slavery or prostitution, people living under the cruelty of some crazy dictator, people caught in the middle of warring factions. Or maybe it's a woman married to an abusive husband, or children with abusive parents. The list goes on.

Thinking that if I were Superman, I could do something, that is just pride talking. It is sin against a Holy God. His sovereignty is absolute. He will handle the situation in His time. To think otherwise is to make the same mistake the enemy did. (Isaiah 14:13-14)

God asks us to do a hard thing. In Romans 12:18-20, we are asked to do what seems impossible. This is why humility is stressed throughout the bible.

Lord, thank You that You are Who You are. Thank You that You are in absolute control. Please help me to resist the temptation to take things into my own hands, and to not give the enemy a foot hold in my heart and mind. Thank you for the lesson You tried to get Cain to learn in Genesis 4:7. Help me to learn that very lesson.

0 comments: