BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Politics As Usual

Romans 13 and Romans 14:10-12


It's hard to believe it's been nearly four years already. The political season is upon us again. The mud slinging ads, the debates, the photo ops and sound bites, the shaking hands and kissing babies. It's something to watch.

I try to steer clear of politics on my blog. My blog has a specific purpose. I use it as a canvas on which I can spill and splatter my thoughts and opinions about the overwhelming and unsearchable depths of the God to Whom I owe everything. The One Who has forgiven me of more than I could ever know. Our understanding of Him and Who He is hasn't even scratched the surface.

I don't think my views on politics are very popular. When I voice how I really feel about the subject, I'm often told why my thinking is wrong.

My views are as follows:

  • The political affiliation of the person holding the office is not relevant.
  • The political beliefs of the person holding office are irrelevant.
  • The person holding office is there for one reason and one reason only...they were put there by God to advance His agenda and achieve His purposes (Genesis 50:20 and John 19:10-11).

Yes, we should be involved. Yes, we need to exercise our right to vote and yes, vote your conscience. But don't lose site of the bigger picture, of who we are. Our political differences should not mean enough to break fellowship with one another. We are united under Our King. Not a political party.

For we who believe, whose citizenship is in Heaven, the only important thing should be our relationship with our King.



God is AWESOME!

0 comments: