BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Breaking Point

Job 1:8


I was thinking about the life of Job and everything he had been through. Other than Christ Jesus, there is no greater example for patience in suffering than Job.

As I pondered, I began to wonder why God chose to allow Satan to torture poor Job. Was He provoked into the decision (Job 1:9-11, Job 2:4-5)? No, I don't think that's it. Then I thought, was he somehow intimidated into the decision? No way! So, why did God allow it? And what purpose did it serve? Was it just for God to have an 'I-told-you-so' moment?

God can be provoked, to be sure. But provoking God usually brings judgement to the ones who do the provoking, not to people who obey God in all that they do.

God cannot be intimidated. Not by Satan or anyone else (Isaiah 46:8-11).

Everything God does has a purpose. God does nothing on a whim.

So what was, pondered I, His purpose in allowing Satan to put Job through such a nightmare? I did some digging and some thinking. As the wheels slowly turned in my little head, I remembered a song about suffering and the chorus said that a rough and a rocky road leads to a beautiful place. What was happening to Job had nothing to do with Satan's protests and challenges (as usual, Satan was getting outfoxed). God was leading Job to something that was even greater than all his possessions, greater than his health and physical well being. Job was being taken into the fire (Malachi 3:3)!

Job ended up in the most beautiful place of all. He ended up in the very mind of God. Job ended up with a deep and profound understanding of Who God is. Job 42:5 - "I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees you"

When we go through trying or even nightmarish times, trust God. There is a reason. If we trust in Him like Job did, we will end up in a beautiful place.


God is AWESOME!

0 comments: