BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Why Bother

Malachi 3:13-15

Being a Christian in one of the wealthiest nations on the planet can be, at times, frustrating.

It is not difficult to understand the point of view of the people being visited by Malachi. Sometimes we may even catch ourselves thinking the very same way.

In his psalm, Asaph pondered this very thought (Psalm 73). I don't think these thoughts are all that rare amongst Christians world wide. We all walk right into this clever trap more often that I think we would like to admit (Genesis 4:7).

This is something that transcends culture. The human thought process. Envy, jealousy. Frustration at what seems unfair. It's nothing new. King Solomon said it (Ecclesiastes 1:9).

At first glance, it would seem that those who don't play by the rules and those who refuse to submit to the authority of God are the ones who get ahead in life.

If we take a closer look, as Asaph did (Psalm 73:16-17), we will see. If we are quiet and listen, the Holy Spirit will show us. We will understand that, in the end, the arrogant and lawless have no refuge (Psalm 73:18-20; Psalm 73:27).

Our reward isn't in this life anyway. I'd much rather have what is waiting for me in eternity than anything this world has to offer.

God is AWESOME!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark... I always read your posts on your blog. Some of your posts have really been "up-lifting" for me and came when I needed them most. I look forward to future lessons you share.

Gary Smith