BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year's Musings

My friend Jena has the ability to paint the most beautiful word pictures. She is a true wordsmith. She is also a very eloquent speaker.

She wrote this recently, and it meant a lot to me. I'd like to share it here.


Dear Family and Friends,

As I read an article in Bible Study Magazine this morning by Eli T. Evans, I was struck with an interesting thought. The author reflected with some wonder that Jesus left His story with four ordinary-guy biographers -- Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Isn't it amazing to think of that? I know when a story is being re-told about me, I often interject clarification to the storyteller if needed. Though He was "literate, intelligent and a brilliant orator" Himself, Jesus left the details of His brief cameo on earth in the hands of untrained and incapable men. Why?

He knew the Spirit who would indwell them and move their pens.

My thoughts took this course: Does Jesus have to depend entirely on the work of His Spirit to communicate His message, His life through me? Does He have any confidence in my devotion to Him, in my zeal, in my commitment? Does the Holy Spirit "have His work cut out for Him" or am I cooperating with His plan? (Phil. 2:12b-13.)

While it is reassuring to know there need be nothing special about me or my abilities for God to communicate His message through my life, it is also worth remembering that He had willing participants in those assigned to share His story. They listened, they learned, they worshiped, they served. I have to confess I don't often progress past listening, and then just barely, in case He might have something to say that I don't want to hear!

Let's make 2012 a year in which He is clearly seen through our lives, the pens of our words and actions easily yielded to the holy hand. He is worthy of our full devotion. He did give us His, after all.

Blessings to you and yours,

Jena

1 comments:

Mark Reece said...

You rock, Jena!