BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 6, 2011

True Genius

1 Corinthians 1:25-29

I saw something today that sparked my imagination. After turning it over in my little head for a while, the spark ignited a raging inferno.

I couldn't wait to get home from my walk to write this.

Okay, please bear with me for a moment while I set this up. It's pretty cool.

I don't know a lot about rocket science or aerospace technology, so if you are an actual aerospace engineer or rocket scientist, please forgive me.

From what I have read, when a space vehicle is going to be sent to another planet, many complicated (to me, anyway) calculations must be performed. They have to know where the planet is in relation to where the Earth is at the chosen launch date. They use this information to calculate where the planet will be in the time that it takes the space vehicle to travel the required distance. This takes teams of engineers and mathematicians and who knows what else weeks of planning and calculating and simulating. They have to eliminate every possible variable.
A lot of really smart people a really long time for a one shot, hit or go home deal.

Stay with me.

I was watching some birds fly while I was out walking today. That is what sparked my imagination.

A bird of prey, from the altitude it is flying, can spot it's food. The calculations are made. Where the target is in relation to where he is. Where the target will be in the time it takes to travel the required distance. Wind speed and altitude. Angle and speed of descent. Size and weight of target. Depth of target (if it's in the water). Every variable eliminated.

All this happens in a split second. No consulting with others, no calculators or computer simulations. None of that. All the same planning in a millisecond.

These creatures have brains that are tiny compared to ours. Yet they can perform these precise calculations in the blink of an eye. (1 Corinthians 1:27)

God built it all in. Preloaded software.

God is indeed AWESOME!

0 comments: