BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Excuses, Excuses

Romans 1:19-20

People who say that they do not believe God exists are being dishonest. They have exchanged the truth of God for a lie (Romans 1:22-25).

There are those who, having come to know God in Christ, testify that before hearing the gospel, they knew.

My wife reads a lot. I will admit that she is smarter (or at least knows more) than me. We have book after book on shelf after shelf in our office at home. She has read them all.

Cheryl, my wife, told me something that she had read about Helen Keller. She said that the person who taught Helen how to communicate with others was a christian. Once Helen had a working vocabulary, the teacher shared the gospel with her. After doing this, Helen Keller's response was, "I always wondered what His name was."

I heard another story similar to Helen Keller's. It was told by my favorite singer and writer in the world. Michael Card. He said that he was in China one time. He was going to do a concert for a group of believers at a university there. The government found out about it, and made them cancel the concert. Michael met with some of the students and sang some songs for them. They started talking, and a few of the students shared testimonies.

A young Chinese woman said that as a child, she knew that there had to be someone who created all the beauty she saw around her. The flowers, the mountains, sunsets, sunrises, the sky, stars, etc....

The young lady said that she met some missionaries in her home town. They preached the gospel, and she said, "Imagine my joy when I found out He has a name."

God is AWESOME!

0 comments: