BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Trust

Job 13:15

Trust can be a hard thing to come by in our modern world. I've heard from a young age the old saying, "trust is earned, not given." I believe God has more than earned our trust, not that He has to earn anything. He is the Most High, the creator of everything, the Source of all life.

Concerning the matter of trust, I can really only speak for myself. I have been through a lot these past few years, and I have stubbornly dug my heels in and put my full trust in Christ Jesus and my wise and loving Father God. I have recently experienced some anxiety with some of the things that have been happening. I do not see the anxiety as evidence of a lack of trust, rather, evidence that I am human. God knows we are weak and we all have our breaking points (Psalm 103:13-14).

My wife and I have gone through so much in the past few years that we have started asking "what next?". When I think of all we have been through, looking through the eyes of a believer in and follower of Jesus Christ, I see three possibilities for why we have been experiencing these trials:

1. It has nothing to do with me at all. It may be for someone else to learn something (John 9:1-3).

2. It may be for a purification or strengthening of our faith (1 Peter 1:3-7).

3. (And this is my favorite possibility) To take us deeper into our relationship with Him in revealing Himself more fully to us (Job 42:5).

I have come to be thankful for things I don't understand, because when we come out on the other side, we see a little more clearly and have a little more understanding in who our Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, wise and loving Father is and a deeper relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ. There are not words sufficient to say how wonderful God is. I guess if I could choose the words, they would be "Thank you."

God is AWESOME!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen

Anonymous said...

Amen

Anonymous said...

Amen

Anonymous said...

Love your writing every single time!

Anonymous said...

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Amen! He is faithful and just!