BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 4, 2024

It's Personal

One of the most amazing things about God, to me, is how in Christ, He has millions of followers and He has a personal one on one relationship with all of us.

How is this possible?

With God, all things are possible (Matthew 19:26).

In I Peter 1:3-7, Peter talks about our inheritance in Christ. Verse 6 he says that some are grieved, if necesary, by various trials. I fixated on if nesessary. How would He know when or if it were necessary unless He knows us on a deeply personal level. And through the trials He brings us, leads us into a deeper understanding of who He is.

We develop a deeply personal relationship with our God in Christ Jesus.

I have, and still am, learning to rejoice in my trials and sufferings. I have learned that instead of saying "What's next", to say "Thank you, please take me deeper in my understanding." The trials and suffering are a gift. In them we grow in our understanding of who God is, we love Him more. We see more clearly how our lives are hidden in Him with Christ, and discern how safe and secure we are in Christ, how we are sealed by His Holy Spirit for all of eternity (Colossians 3:3 and Ephesians 1:13-14).

God is AWESOME!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful

Anonymous said...

Be ready to fight and lean on Jesus if you sincerely want to have a closer walk with him. We’ve all heard the saying “ Faith don’t grow in the sunshine “ the most difficult times of my life have been when I’ve needed Jesus the most. It is a lot easier to talk to him when you have no one else to lean on. Thank you Jesus for always being here for me, listening to me and loving me.

Anonymous said...

What a mighty God we serve. Thank you for this!

Anonymous said...

Great insights Mark. As one who is dealing with a host of medical trials you have the perspective of personal experience and not just theory. Spot on application from 1Peter. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

It's an honor to go through trials, suffering, or persecution in the name of Jesus Christ.