BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

No Introduction Needed

John 2:23-25


My pastor has been participating in an accountability group with some other local pastors. As an outgrowth of his participation in this group, he has presented the congregation with a challenge. We are doing a 40 Day Spiritual Journey.

The challenge is to read five chapters of the bible a day. The same five chapters. This week we are reading the first five chapters of John's gospel.

On Sunday, he will ask if anyone wants to share something that stood out to them in their reading, or if God had shown us something that we had not seen before. Well, I'm cheating. I'm going to share mine here.

The passage that stood out to me was John 2:23-25. "Now when he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Feast, many believed in his name when they saw the signs that he was doing. But Jesus on his part did not entrust himself to them, because he knew all people and needed no one to bear witness about man, for he himself knew what was in man."

I think this stood out to me because it is such a sad statement, and it reminded me of how the condition of my heart was described. (Jeremiah 17:9)

I am thankful that when God looks into my heart, He sees only the Blood of the Lamb that covers it.

Thank You Father that Christ Jesus is my righteousness and that You entrusted Yourself to Him...because you know what is in me.


God is AWESOME!

0 comments: