BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 29, 2010

Fun and Excitement

I am now co-teaching a Sunday school class at church. I like it a lot.
I'm not a big fan of talking in front of people, but the people in this class are all very nice and most of them are friends that I know fairly well. That helps, but I'm still not a fan.

The part that I like most about it is the studying for class.

God specializes in blowing your mind. He can take a passage of the bible that you have read dozens of times, and show you a new layer every time. Give a new understanding and perspective on the passage and at the same time never contradict or change the meaning of what has been learned before. He just adds to it; takes it to deeper levels. It's very exciting.

One of my mentors and heroes in the faith, Mike Hasper, once discussed what it was like for him to study for a lesson. He talked about how the Holy Spirit would start teaching and about Truth spilling out of God's word.

Thank you, Father, that true understanding comes only from You and that You are the only Truth, and that Truth is absolute.

0 comments: