BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Tis The Season

Psalm 73

It's the Christmas season again. Seems to come faster every year.

It's usually this time of year that unbelievers seem to go out of their way more than usual to offend Christians.

It has been a source of frustration for me that would at times drive me to anger. Until recently, that is.

I've been pondering a Psalm by Asaph. He wrote Psalm 73. Asaph said something in Psalm 73 that caught my imagination. Maybe the Holy Spirit has been teaching me something about the Christmas spirit.

Asaph had been talking about the wicked and how they always seem to prosper without any consequences for their actions. In Psalm 73:16-17, God taught him a profound lesson.

The more I pondered what Asaph wrote, the less offended I felt at the unbelievers and the more sorry I felt for them. Unless they turn to Christ Jesus, they will move toward a fate that I wouldn't wish on anyone (Job 27:8).

Those who refuse to believe and openly curse God and His Christ have horrible things waiting for them (Jeremiah 23:12). Christ Jesus holds out hope to them and we are the ones who are supposed to be pointing the way to His outstretched hand.

Some will angrily slap His hand away. They will refuse to turn to Him. I feel afraid for them (1 Thessalonians 5:3 and 2 Thessalonians 1:9).

God showed Asaph their end, and it made him shutter when he understood (Psalm 73:21-22).

Thank You, Father, for teaching that I should love my enemies and bless those who curse me. Thank You for showing me why.

God is AWESOME!

0 comments: