BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Familiar Face

Romans 8:1


I went to the mall after I got off work today. It's a Saturday, so the mall was pretty crowded. I feel uncomfortable in crowds. I wouldn't have gone, but I had to pick up a new sport coat that had to have alterations on the sleeve length.

I was ill at ease when I went into the store at the mall. Another way that I'm kind of a weirdo is that I don't like being touched, which is why I don't like crowds. I did my best to make a bee line to the part of the store where I had to pick up my new jacket. I wanted to get in and out of there as quickly as possible. I had to dodge quite a few people. I got my jacket, thanked the man at the desk and left. I was making my way out when I started to feel a little bit of anxiety. So many people. I looked around at all the strangers there and felt even more ill at ease. I wanted to be home so bad.

As I walked toward the exit, feeling more and more desperate to leave, I saw a familiar face. An old friend that I hadn't seen in years. Relief washed over me. It was good to see my friend. I stopped and talked to him for a few minutes and all anxiety melted away. A miracle, I thought as I bid my friend goodbye.

As I made my way to my truck, anxiety free, I was no longer focused on the crowd, but thinking how nice it was to see my friend.

I wondered if that is what it will be like when we get to heaven. Judgement taking place, and in our limited understanding, we start to feel anxiety. Then, there He is. Our Beautiful Savior. The Familiar Face. All fear, all doubt, all anxiety, all questions....gone. Only our Glorious King, who is happy to see us, and we standing in His presence with great joy (Jude 1:24).


Thank You, Father, that we will one day stand before You under the representation of Christ Jesus...innocent.


God is AWESOME!

1 comments:

Jena said...

Such poignant thoughts Mark. You always have those :)