BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

In God We Trust

Proverbs 3:5-6


Trust. It's something that has to be earned. It can be hard to come by.

When someone comes to me to confide something, it tells me they trust me. When someone trusts me enough to share something that they don't want anyone else to know, something deeply personal, it is one of the highest of honors.

When we get into a bus or a taxi or board an airplane, we are entrusting our lives to a stranger. We don't worry and fret the whole time we are in these vehicles. Why is it then, that we worry and fret so much when things in life get tough. Our Wise Father said that we can trust Him. He has a proven track record and He has our best interests at heart. He is not some stranger giving us a ride. He is absolutely worthy of our trust. When He makes a promise, He keeps it.

Some of my favorite promises from Christ Jesus that are the most encouraging and comforting are these:

  1. Matthew 11:28-30
  2. Philippians 4:6-7
  3. Romans 10:8-9

Thank You, Father, for Your promises. Thank You for the knowledge that, no matter what, I can put my trust fully in You.


God is AWESOME!

1 comments:

Jena said...

Good thoughts Mark. I especially liked "He's not some stranger giving us a ride." Thanks for reminding me He has earned my trust.