BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 13, 2012

Beauty For Ashes

Isaiah 61:1-3

If you are over the age of 5, chances are you have experienced disappointment or heartache of some sort. It is part of the human condition.

We all have that one person in our lives that we can really talk to. The one who knows us better than any other person on the planet. The one who knows our secrets and our hopes and dreams.

For me, that person is my wife. I know I can tell her anything and it is safe with her. She always seems to have just the right thing to say.

I was married once before. The way it ended devastated me. My whole world burned around me. My ability to trust anyone was destroyed. The experience turned me into a bitter, synical man. It nearly caused me to question my faith.

But then God did what He always does. He gathered up the ashes of my little world and took them away. He traded my ashes for His beauty, and my sadness for His gladness. He bound up my broken heart and He broke down the walls of mistrust I had labored on for so many years.

Cheryl is the beauty and the gladness He sent to me (Proverbs 31:10-29).

God is AWESOME!

1 comments:

The Lewis' said...

I like that Mark!! Love ya brother and miss you!