BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tapping Out

For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. (Galatians 5:17)


There are some fleshly appetites and urges that are very strong. Sometimes the urges become so persistent that it just seems easier to give in than to try to fight it any more. (Romans 7:15)

I know that when I give in to my flesh, I feel guilty and ashamed to talk to God about it. After a while, it's easier to give in again. The guilt and shame grows, so does the distance that I put between myself and God. Soon, I'm drifting farther and farther away. My mind is more and more on the things of the world and not on the things of God.

Soon, even if I want to turn back, it is hard. Sin has taken root in my mind and in my heart. It has given the enemy a foot hold. I willingly put the broken chains back on. (Genesis 4:7)

I could hear the gentle voice of the Holy Spirit reminding me that the chains wrapped around me were, in fact, broken. They no longer had any real power. I was once and forever free from sin. (Jeremiah 31:11) There was no need to feel guilty or ashamed. My loving Father was waiting with open arms, ready to forgive me. (Romans 8:1, Luke 15:11-24, Jude 1:24)

Father, thank You that You are merciful and that Your word says that You are faithful and just to forgive me when I confess my sins to You. (1 John 1:9)
Thank You for a clean heart.

God is AWESOME!

0 comments: