BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Born To Be Alive

I heard a song on the radio today while I was doing my work. It was a Queen song. One of the lyrics caught my attention for some reason. It started the wheels in my little head turning.

The lyric was '...sometimes I wish I had never been born...'

I'm glad I was born. I'm very thankful that I was born. I have experienced so many things in my time here that I wouldn't trade for anything. Experiences that have shaped me into who I am today. I'm thankful for even the worst of my experiences.

God took the time to create me. He put in me a mind and a spirit. He gave me a memory and the ability to learn. He made me an individual, a special child of His. He gave me a way to have a relationship with Him that not even the angels have.
(1Peter 1:12)

If I had never been born, I would have never experienced the love of family and friends. I would have never had the special love of someone who is put above all others...a wife. I would have never experienced heart break and the things learned from it.

If I had never been born, I would never have experienced the adventures I had in the military. I would never have experienced the absolute awe of the beauty of His creation as seen from the top of a mountain.

If I had never been born, I would have never experienced the salvation of our Great God.

Thank You, Father, for creating me. Thank You for the experiences. Thank You for giving me Your Son, and for giving me to Him. Thank You for the bad things and what You taught me through them. Thank You for the good things. Thank you for allowing me to marry the one that was made for me. Thank You for putting people in my path that You taught me through. Thank You for using me to teach others. Thank You for forgiving me when I disappoint You. Thank You for being my wise and loving Father who will never forsake me.

0 comments: