BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 8, 2010

Offended

I said something to someone today that I'm not sure I should have. I've been thinking about whether I should apologize or not. Thinking about it got the wheels in my little head turning.

As Christians, many of us seem to have our focus aimed in the wrong direction. We see how the lost behave and look down our noses at them. We act so offended and we tend to judge. These are the very people we are supposed to be ministering to. Not sitting in judgment over. (Matthew 9:10-13, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19)

We were the same once. In darkness, without understanding, dead in our sins.
(Romans 5:8)

It is the ones in the church, the ones who profess Christ and exhibit profane and vulgar behavior and language. The ones who warm a pew and shout amen on Sunday morning and then are indistinguishable from the world every other day. It is these who should offend us most. Not the lost. Not those still in darkness. (1 Corinthians 5:12)

0 comments: